Bar Couplers are designed to produce a full strength mechanical joint between reinforcing bars, replacing the need for lap splices.
- Reinforcing Bar
- Reinforcing Mesh
- Mining Products
- Fencing Products
BT couplers produce a full strength joint and are best suited to large scale projects requiring a high volume of couplers. The ends of the bars are enlarged and a parallel thread is cut onto the ends to suit the threaded coupler. BT couplers comply to AS 3600 when used with reinforcing bar to AS 4671.
- Bar diameters available from 12 - 50mm
- Able to join bars of different diameters
- Normally supplied fixed to a bar
- Thread protected by end cap
- Compact design - ideal for confined space or where loss of cover needs to be minimised
MBT couplers provide a cost-effective method of joining reinforcing bars, particularly when the fixed bar is already in place and there is insufficient space for bar rotation or swaging. The bars are supported within the coupler on two serrated saddles. Bars are locked in place by a series of special lockshear bolts, the heads of which shear off when the predetermined tightening torque is reached, providing a visual check of correct installation.
- Bar diameters available from 10 - 40mm
- No bar end preparation required
- No bar rotation required
- Can be used with imperial bar sizes or deformed bars
- Easy to install - instant visual check of correct installation
Lenton standard couplers are designed to splice bars of the same diameter where one bar can be rotated and the bar is not restricted in its axial direction. Lenton's innovative tapered threading allows couplers to have a very low profile.
Lenton's range of position couplers allows bars to be coupled using the lenton threading system, where neither bar can be rotated into the coupler. This application is particularly suited to the splicing of fabricated cages. Refer to you local ARC Sales Team for a full list of Lenton Position Couplers.
The Lenton Lock is a system of bar splicing where no threading of the bars is possible prior to splicing. Refer to you local ARC Sales Team for a full list of Lenton Lock couplers.
Reidbar is Grade 500 reinforcing bar with deformations rolled into a continuous coarse thread, providing the same structural performance as conventional N-grade bars of the same diameter.
This continuous coarse thread provides the unique advantage of simple on-site connections, where the bar can be cut to any length and retain threaded ends for reinforcement continuity in structural concrete. Without the need for tapping threads, Reidbar retains its steel diameter and structural integrity.
- Guaranteed ductility for all connections in columns, beams, and slabs.
- Increased productivity and versatility on site.
- Reduces bar congestion problems such as laps and cogs in heavily reinforced sections.
Reidbar Couplers allow simple connections of Reidbar in a structure, providing continuity of reinforcement throughout.
Continuously threaded Reidbar allows versatility on site, where Reidbar can be cut at any point and coupled simply and easily, without need for re-tapping threads, lapping, or splicing.
The coarse thread of Reidbar makes connections quicker and easier, with less concern of foreign matter blocking the thread.
- Develops full yield strength of Reidbar.
- Provides continuity of reinforcement throughout a concrete structure.
- Coarse thread less likely to be damaged or impeded by foreign matter.
- Coarse thread allows increased speed of installation.
- No thread re-tapping, lapping or splicing required to connect reinforcement.
Find us Australia wide